Graphic Communications Technology Program
British Columbia Institute of Technology – School of Business
Did you know?
- Did you know that the Graphic Communications Technology program has been operating since 2005 and has graduated hundreds of students?
- Did you know that each year, most graduates of the program have found employment in the industry, often with multiple job offers?
- Did you know that the range of opportunities for graduates of the graphic communications program includes pre-press, digital development and print, advertising agency work, sales, estimating, web-to-print, production coordination, bindery operations, and management?
Now you know… BCIT Works. Find out how you, your friends, or your family can engage in the BCIT Graphic Communications program and enter an industry that is dynamic and evolving.
The Canadian Printing Industries Association and PrintForward Printing and Imaging Association offer a number of scholarships for this program. These are easy to apply for, and greatly reduce the cost of attending. For an application form or more information, visit the Canadian Printing Industries Scholarship Trust Fund website www.printscholarships.ca. Close to $10,000 per year in achievement awards from businesses in our community are presented to top students in the program.
Additionally, PrintForward Printing & Imaging Association has recently set up a memorial grant with the Vancouver Foundation in the name of long-time industry leader, Lorne Patterson. Check with the Program Head for the GTEC program at BCIT to find out more about this annual $500 grant.
- High School Graduation or Age 19+
- English 12 (P) or Communication 12 (P) or English language proficiency test at BCIT
- Any Math 11 (P) or OPMT 0199 or OPMT 0198 math assessment test
Find out more
Call us for more information, or to arrange a tour: Wayne Collins, Program Head T 604.412.7518 E Wayne_Collins@bcit.ca W bcit.ca, search GTEC
Visit BCIT’s Website
“When I decided to return to school as a mature student it wasn’t simply to get a job, but to get a better job. The GTEC program has given me the education needed to find a solid, stable career. Even before completing the two-year program I have received a job offer from a very reputable company.”Thom Hamilton
“I like being able to work hands-on to produce real print projects using the same high-tech equipment that is being used in the industry.”Abby Almonte
“The program is challenging, but having a small class size helps because it promotes cooperative learning among students”Ernie Lin