- This event has passed.
WorkSafe Training – MSI (Musculoskeletal Injury) – Webinar
June 4 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
This course will explain the seven-step Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention process, identify risk factors associated with MSI, determine ways to control identified risks, and apply tools to prevent MSI and conduct investigations into MSI A Musculoskeletal injury (MSI) is an injury to muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, nerves, blood vessels, or related soft tissue, including sprains, strains, and inflammation that may be caused or aggravated by work. These injuries have consistently accounted for the highest number of WCB claims in past years.
Preventing and Investigating Musculoskeletal Injury (MSI) was originally developed by the Workers’ Compensation Board of B.C and has been updated to reflect any legislation. It aims at providing employers and workers with the knowledge and tools to prevent MSI and to conduct investigations into an MSI. This course is suitable for joint health and safety committee members, worker health and safety representatives, supervisors, workers, and health and safety professionals committed to preventing musculoskeletal injuries. The course will also be of interest to members of the general public keen on gaining an understanding of MSI risk factors associated with their work.
Successful completion of the course will enable participants to:
- Identify the key components of the Ergonomics (MSI) requirements
- Explain the 7-step Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention (MSIP) process
- Explain five categories of risk factors associated with MSI
- Explain three main types of risk control for the risk factors
- Use a checklist to identify and assess risk factors
- Determine ways to control identified risk factors
- Apply early treatment and intervention principles
- Investigate incidents of MSI to prevent recurrence
Includes: Manuals will be provided digitally
Please email me Jacquie@printforward.org or call 604-542-0902 for any questions.