We Are Western Canada’s
Printing & Imaging Industry
For printers and print industry companies, PrintForward provides resources, a voice to government, education programs and networking opportunities that are specific and unique to the industry.
PrintForward delivers valuable print industry-specific solutions that are only accessible through membership and through its affiliations with Printing Industries of America (PIA), whattheythink.com, the BC Alliance for Manufacturing, and other industry associations.
The Work We Do
Click here to learn more
- Government lobbying through PrintForward and strong industry support resulted in the Graphic Communications Technology Program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) . The Task Force was struck in April 2003 with the programs’ first classes starting in September 2006. Nine classes have graduated from the program and almost all graduates found employment in the industry shortly after graduation (and some before).
- PrintForward is a founding member of the newly formed BC Alliance for Manufacturing and was also one of nine participants in the RethinkItBC campaign in the spring of 2014. Many points of this initiatives are featured at the right.
- PrintForward offers relevant educational training and development that is industry-specific and/or customized for our industry. The Fall events program includes four 8-hours workshops for Joint Health and Safety Committees (these training sessions are mandated by WorkSafeBC regulations), a Networking event, a presentation on updates and changes in PDF protocols and workflow, our Festive Dinner and our AGM in September (check out our Events Calendar).
- Networking Opportunities are held regularly to encourage and strengthen relationships and sharing of knowledge, such as our annual Golf Tournament at Morgan Creek, the twice-yearly networking nights at community pubs, the annual Festive Dinner, as well as manufacturing industry events and more.
- Access to printing industry resources is offered through affiliate memberships in the PIA and a Premium membership in whattheythink.com
Become a Member!
We are a trade association devoted to promoting and advancing the best interests of the printing industry in Western Canada.
We offer members a wide variety of industry resources, including reciprocal memberships.
The 2018 PrintForward Festive Dinner was a delightful event held at the Vancouver Lawn Tennis and Badminton Club on November 23rd. Thank you to all that attended and sponsored the evening! To view the photos from the evening please visit our photo gallery:...read more
The PrintForward Festive Dinner is one of the most anticipated events of the year! Please join us on November 23rd for a delicious dinner, good cheer and company at the Vancouver Lawn Tennis and Badminton club. Pricing Information: MEMBERS: $120.00 NON-MEMBERS $165.00...read more
Our most current Government Affairs committee consists of Rob Varnel, Mark Weeks, Marilynn Knoch, Kris Bovay and is chaired by Jennifer McConnell (me). 2018 presents a lot of activity with issues such as Steel/Aluminum tariffs; NAFTA morphing into USMCA; the New...read more