June 4th, 2020 8:00am-12:00pm Webinar
This course will explain the seven-step Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention process, identify risk factors associated with MSI, determine ways to control identified risks, and apply tools to prevent MSI and conduct investigations into MSI A Musculoskeletal injury.
Please join our Board of Directors for the Annual General Meeting on Monday June 24th 2020.
At our AGM,the board of directors present an annual report containing information about the PrintForward’s performance and strategy for 2020.
Canadians Game Nat Bailey Stadium
Save the date June 17 th Nat Bailey Stadium. Bring your co-workers, friends or family.
Gates Open 6:00 PM
More details to come stay tuned.
We Are Western Canada’s Print & Imaging Industry Association
For printers and print industry companies, PrintForward provides resources, a voice to government, education programs and networking opportunities that are specific and unique to the industry.
PrintForward delivers valuable print industry-specific solutions that are only accessible through membership and through its affiliations with Printing Industries of America (PIA), whattheythink.com, the BC Alliance for Manufacturing, and other industry associations.
The Work We Do
Click here to learn more
- Government lobbying through PrintForward and strong industry support resulted in the Graphic Communications Technology Program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) . The Task Force was struck in April 2003 with the programs’ first classes starting in September 2006. Nine classes have graduated from the program and almost all graduates found employment in the industry shortly after graduation (and some before).
- PrintForward is a founding member of the newly formed BC Alliance for Manufacturing and was also one of nine participants in the RethinkItBC campaign in the spring of 2014. Many points of these initiatives are featured at the right.
- PrintForward offers relevant educational training and development that is industry-specific and/or customized for our industry. The Fall events program includes four 8-hour workshops for Joint Health and Safety Committees (these training sessions are mandated by WorkSafeBC regulations), a Networking event, a presentation on updates and changes in PDF protocols and workflow, our Festive Dinner and our AGM in September (check out our Events Calendar).
- Networking Opportunities are held regularly to encourage and strengthen relationships and sharing of knowledge, such as our annual Golf Tournament at Morgan Creek, the twice-yearly networking nights at community pubs, the annual Festive Dinner, as well as manufacturing industry events and more.
- Access to printing industry resources is offered through affiliate memberships in the PIA and a Premium membership in whattheythink.com
Don’t Call It Brokering: A Look at the Distributor Market The print distributor market has evo...Find out more »
Become a Member!
We are a trade association devoted to promoting and advancing the best interests of the printing industry in Western Canada.
We offer members a wide variety of industry resources, including reciprocal memberships.
SGIA and PIA Merge to Become the Largest, Most Comprehensive Printing and Graphic Arts Association in the Country On May 1, 2020, the two...
Our Government Affairs includes: Rob Varnel, Chair (R & M Trade Laminating), Mark Weeks (IDRS-Data Print Mail), Mike Podmore (Datacore),...
The West World Paper plant tour on May 2, 2019 was a huge success. Mini vendor tables were set up, music playing and great networking took place....